Motorhome Hire Devon
Devon is a large county in the south west of England and is a county of contrasts – from the rugged northern shore to the popular south coast tourist destinations known as the English Riviera, with the isolated Dartmoor National Park in between. Motorhome hire Devon is a perfect way to explore this wonderful area, tour from place to place, sit next to the beach, or take a trip into a Devon town.
What to do in Devon
Experience the beaches of Devon with your motorhome rental. In North Devon the coast is one of contrasts, from sheer cliffs through to sandy beaches, and surfing is the thing on the Atlantic facing shores. Tunnels Beaches in Ilfracombe has a large tidal swimming pool offering safe swimming; Woolacombe Sands is great for swimming and water sports, while Westward Ho! Stretches for two miles. South Devon is also a coast of contrasts; Torre Abbey Sands in Torquay is best for making sandcastles; Dawlish Darren allows dog walking in parts; and the pebbled beach of Budleigh Salterton has clear water and safe bathing.
Be part of the trend and swap your swimsuit for a wetsuit and try surfing, paddle surfing, diving, ocean kayaking or coasteering. Alternatively take to the northern coast sea cliffs for a spot of rock climbing, and walking across Dartmoor or along the coastline.
Eat your way around Cornwall with tea shops on every corner, fresh fish and chips, locally made ice cream from Cornwall milk, beach side cafes and restaurants, and of course top quality and world renowned eateries in Padstow and elsewehere.
Devon is also a county with a rich history and heritage, for instance:
- Visit Clovelly with cobbled and car free streets and ancient harbour, remaining relatively unchanged
- There are numerous stately homes including Powderham Castle, Hartland Abbey and Dartmouth Castle
If travelling with your family in a motorhome for hire then Devon offers many ideas about keeping everyone occupied, including:
- Babbacombe Model Village is perfect for those fascinated by a miniature world
- At Morwellham Quay it is possible to carry you back to the 1860s, including the chance to dress up in authentic costumes of the period
- See falconry displays and ferret shows at the Milky Way park
- Ride the super soaking ‘Tidal Wave Terror’ at Crealy Great Adventure Park
- Woodlands Leisure Park where you can take a 500m toboggan run
- Watch the famous sheep racing at The Big Sheep
Devon is also a county where arts and crafts thrive and sculptors, photographers, painters and potters often welcome visitors to their studios.
- Higher Well Farm Holiday Park, Totnes
- Prattshayes Farm National Trust Campsite, Exmouth
- Leadstone Camping, Dawlish
Motorhome Hire Devon, the county is located on the North East coast of England home to Devon Motorhome Rental as well as Devon Campervan Hire and Devon Campervan Rental companies including: