Motorhome hire Galway
Galway is a fast growing city on the west coast of Ireland. Motorhome hire is a great way to explore the area, visit the coast and see this lovely, welcoming city. There is so much to see and do in the city and the surrounding area in your motorhome rental.
Activities and places to see
Galway city is lively, with renowned traditional pubs and live music. It does however have a lot else to offer the visitor, including:
- Galway’s Spanish Arch was originally a 16th century bastion, so named because of the city’s connections with Spain for trading. It was partially destroyed in 1755 by a tidal wave generated by the Lisbon earthquake and has latterly been converted into the Galway City Museum.
- Galway Cathedral is a relatively recent addition to the city, completed in 1965, and is now one of the largest and most dominating buildings in Galway.
- One of the finest medieval lanes in the city is Kirwan’s Lane, located in what is now known as the Latin Quarter. It is now the home to many bohemian style cafes, restaurants, bars and craft shops.
- Wife of James Joyce, the Nora Barnacle House is now a small private museum, faithfully restored to its original character.
- Venture outside the city and you will encounter spectacular scenery, secluded beaches and a warm welcome. The Aran Islands can be visited on a boat tour; the 700 foot high Cliffs of Moher are a spectacular natural wonder; the Burren is a barren limestone landscape with unique rock formations and exceptionally diverse flora and fauna; plus castles at Portumna, Dunguaire, and Aughnanure.
Galway has festivals for every taste and preference including – the Burren Slow Food Festival, Leenane Walking Festival, Galway Jazz Festival, Galway Theatre Festival and of course Galway Beer Festival.
- Renvyle Beach Caravan and Camping Park
- Connemara Caravan and Camping Park
- Shanaheever Campsite and Caravan Park