1. The Hirer agrees not to take or cause or permit the Motorhome to be taken outside of the UK without the written permission of Bongo Holidays. An additional insurance premium is payable for insurance cover for use outside of the UK.
2. The Hirer agrees not to cause or permit any driver other than those named on the attached Hire Agreement to drive the Motorhome.
3. The Hirer agrees to return the Motorhome at the time stated on the attached Hire Agreement. Any changes to departure times or return times must be agreed with Bongo Holidays at least 24 hours in advance. Any changes are subject to availability.
4. Bongo Holidays strongly advise the Hirer to take out personal holiday insurance cover which includes cover against losses arising from cancellation due to death or ill health of any member of the Hirer’s party or their family. Hire charges are due in full and are non-refundable in the event of cancellation less than two months prior to commencement of hire.
5. Bongo Holidays strongly advise the Hirer to take out collision damage waiver insurance. As Bongo Holidays is not FSA registered, Bongo Holidays are unable to arrange this. Cover is available online e.g. http://www.questor-insurance.co.uk or http://www.worldwideinsure.com. These are examples of companies that provide CDW insurance and are not recommendations or endorsements.
6. The Hirer agrees to stop driving the Motorhome and telephone Bongo Holidays immediately upon noticing any mechanical or electrical problems with the Motorhome or any signs of potential mechanical or electrical problems with the Motorhome.
7. The Hirer agrees to pay a £1,000.00 security deposit by credit card at least 24 hours prior to collection of the Motorhome to pay:
a. Where the cost of repairing the damage occasioned to the Motorhome whilst on hire to the Hirer from any single accident exceeds the amount of the security deposit, the insurance excess and claim handling costs and other expenses relating to repairing the damage from that accident; and
b. Where the cost of repairing the damage from any single accident is less than the amount of the security deposit, the cost of repairing any insured damage oc¬¬¬¬¬casioned to the Motorhome whilst on hire to the Hirer; and
c. Where the cost in total of repairing all of the damage from more than one accident is less than the amount of the security deposit, the cost of repairing any insured damage oc¬¬¬¬¬casioned to the Motorhome whilst on hire to the Hirer; and
d. to cover the first £1,000 of the cost of repairing any uninsured damage occasioned to the Motorhome whilst on hire to the Hirer for example (this is not an exhaustive list) damage caused by negligence, mis-use, animals, tyre damage, glass damage, any other cause not directly attributable to an act/omission of Bongo Holidays or where the Hirer has caused the insurance policy to be invalidated.
Following return of the Motorhome, Bongo Holidays shall have 7 days to wash the motorhome, inspect it for any damage and notify the Hirer of any damage found.
Subject to no damage being occasioned to the Motorhome whilst hired to the Hirer, the deposit will be refunded within 7 days of the end of hire. If the motorhome is not returned undamaged for any reason, Bongo Holidays will retain the deposit until repairs have been effected or the total repair cost is known.
8. The Hirer agrees to pay in addition to the security deposit and within 7 days of receipt of a written demand for payment from Bongo Holidays, the cost of repairing any uninsured damage where this exceeds the amount of the security deposit or any insurance excesses where they exceed the amount of the security deposit. In particular the insurance excess is payable to the insurers per accident. If more than one accident occurs whilst the Motorhome is on hire to the Hirer, more than one insurance excess will be payable and this will exceed the amount of the security deposit.
9. The Hirer agrees to return the Motorhome with the same amount of fuel (diesel/petrol and gas) as when it was collected and to pay an administration charge of £10 + cost of fuel if the Motorhome is returned with less fuel than indicated on the Hire Agreement.
10. Smoking is not permitted in the Motorhome at any time. The Hirer agrees to pay a £200.00 valet charge for the cleaning of the Motorhome if Bongo Holidays believe reasonably it to have been smoked in.
11. The Hirer agrees to pay and be responsible for and indemnify Bongo Holidays against all costs, fines, liabilities and expenses incurred as a result of any road use/toll charges, parking and/or motoring offences, fines and penalty charge notices whilst the Motorhome is in the custody or control of the Hirer. The Hirer agrees to Bongo Holidays disclosing the Hirer’s contact details upon demand following receipt of a fine, penalty charge notice or notice of intended prosecution to any organisation seeking to impose such a fine or penalty charge notice.
12. Vehicles left at Bongo Holiday’s premises by the Hirer or any member of his party are left at the owner’s risk. The Hirer warrants that any vehicles left at Bongo Holiday’s premises are insured in accordance with the then current legal requirements against third party risks, fire, theft, flood and vandalism and will continue to be so insured for as long as they remain on Bongo Holiday’s premises. The Hirer agrees to fully and effectively indemnify Bongo Holidays against any costs, losses, claims, liabilities or expenses incurred by or caused by the Hirer or any member of his party whilst any vehicle is on Bongo Holidays’ premises.
13. Personal property of the Hirer is stored in the Motorhome at the Hirer’s risk and is not covered by the Motorhome’s or Bongo Holidays’ insurance. The Hirer is therefore advised to ensure any personal property is covered under another insurance policy e.g. their household insurance.
14. The Hirer confirms they have inspected the Motorhome prior to departure and noted any damage on the attached Motorhome Hire Agreement and taken a photograph of any damage to the Motorhome at the time of collection. Where the Motorhome is returned with any damage, it shall be conclusively presumed that such damage occurred during the period of hire unless the Hirer produces a photograph showing that the damage existed prior to commencement of the hire.
15. The Hirer agrees that in the event of the Motorhome breaking down (either mechanically or electrically) after commencement of hire and becoming completely unusable (other than as a result of a collision or accident whether on a public road or not) through no fault of the Hirer for some or all of the period of hire stated in the attached Hire Agreement, Bongo Holiday’s liability shall be limited to one of the following (at Bongo Holidays’ discretion):
a. a pro-rata refund of the hire cost paid by the Hirer, calculated by dividing the number of full days (running from midnight to midnight) during the hire period for which the Motorhome was unusable by the total number of days (running from midnight to midnight) for which the Motorhome was hired and multiplying this by the hire charge for the entire hire; or
b. supply of an equivalent vehicle to be collected by the Hirer from Bongo Holidays’ premises (subject to availability); or
c. the provision of such assistance (for example alternative accommodation or a hire car whilst repairs are being effected) as is provided for by Bongo Holidays’ breakdown cover (a copy of which is available upon request).
16. The Hirer agrees that in the event of the Motorhome a) being involved in an accident or collision (whether on a public road or not) or b) becoming completely unusable after the commencement of hire wholly or partly due to the fault of the Hirer or a member of the Hirer’s party for some or all of the period of hire stated in the attached Hire Agreement, Bongo Holiday’s shall not provide any refund of the hire charge paid and shall be under no obligation to provide a replacement vehicle. In the event that Bongo Holidays agree to provide a replacement vehicle, the Hirer shall pay the list hire charge for the replacement vehicle and a further damage deposit at the list rate for the replacement vehicle.
17. The Hirer confirms they have been instructed in the proper use of the Motorhome and its accessories by Bongo Holidays prior to departure.
18. The Hirer agrees Bongo Holidays may deduct cleaning and repair charges from the Hirer’s deposit as set out below as applicable and will pay such charges where they exceed the amount of the deposit actually paid by the Hirer:
Chemical toilet emptying – if the toilet requires emptying £75.00
Additional cleaning – if the bathroom and kitchen (including appliances) and habitation area floor are not wiped clean prior to return of the motorhome. £25.00
Interior cleaning. If the upholstery, cushions, mats, shower curtain/screen, carpet/flooring are marked or stained
Washing up – if any plates, cups glasses, cutlery, frying pan, saucepans, grill pan, utensils etc. require washing. £20.00
Steam cleaning beds. Please use sheets to avoid incurring a steam cleaning charge. £25.00 per bed.
Minor repairs carried out by Bongo Holidays e.g. replacing or repairing smashed/damaged windows, doors, flyscreens, plastic covers, light lenses (this is not an exhaustive list). £7.50 per 15 minutes or part thereof.
Professional repairs – damage repair that cannot reasonably be repaired by Bongo Holidays. Charged at cost.
Replacement parts, accessories, crockery, cutlery etc. Charged at RRP + P&P for the part plus £5.00 per 15 minutes or part thereof of fitting time.
Late return £25.00 per hour or part thereof.
Excess mileage – miles in excess of 1000 miles per week unless any other limit has been agreed in writing or stated in an offer or advert by Bongo Holidays in relation to this hire. £0.20 per mile
19. In the event of the following common minor repairs, Bongo Holidays will charge the following fixed sums instead of waiting for a quote for repairs. This enables us to calculate the amount of the Hirer’s security deposit to be returned more quickly:
Replacement freezer door hinges (each) £12.00
Replacement Fiat Ducato wing mirrors £250.00
Replacement window stay & catch (each) £30.00
Replacement windscreen £200.00
Replacement running lights (the small lights at the top back of each side of the motorhome) £20.00
Replacement Truma Fire Top £25.00